Are you looking to make your career in Delta airlines and want to join Delta? But don’t know what are the minimum requirements then you need to keep on reading this article.
What is Delta?
Delta Air Lines is one of the major airlines of the United States, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. As per the reports from Bloomberg in 2012, this airline received 22,000 applications or only 300 vacancies. Traveling the world, experiencing the new traditions and cultures, also meeting fascinating people are only a few perks the flight attendants of Delta Airlines enjoy.
Benefits of Getting a Job in Delta Airlines
Few more benefits o getting a job in Delta Airlines are
- You get paid vacation or holidays.
- And you can avail of the education program gifts, up to $2000 per year.
- You get medical coverage (dental, vision, etc.,)
- You get employee discounts on various products and services.
- The eligible employees get to access 401(k) savings plan, along with a profit-sharing plan and a shared rewards program.
And many more…
It’s obvious that the benefits of getting into Delta Airlines are luring, so anyone wishing to join the Delta Airlines must qualify a few requirements as the job definitely has its demands. Let’s know them in detail and how to prep your game.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Anyone willing to get into Delta Airlines is ought to qualify the following requirements.
- The individual must be at least 21 years old.
- And The individual needs to have at least a high school diploma/ GED equivalent.
- The individual should possess current authorization to work in the United States.
In order to qualify the training requirements of Delta Airlines one must be able to complete and pass the 7-8-week paid flight attendant training at the 400,00 square-foot Atlanta training facility.
Documents Needed in order to apply for a job at Delta Airlines
Documents and Paperwork will never ever stay out of any job. So, to get a job in Delta Airlines one needs to pass the following documentation phase
- The individual must pass the background check.
- Every individual must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) pre-employment drug screening and also has to submit the DOT mandated random drug and alcohol testing.
- The individual should comply with all the necessary pre-employment checks mandated by TSA and/or DOT.
- The individual must also pass the background check that includes the government required fingerprint-based criminal history record check.
To screen the candidates for Delta Airlines, the Delta uses the STAR method for the interview process. This method is a technique that requires the candidates to answer a series of questions with past experiences. The candidates appearing for the interview are advised to do their homework and try acquiring much information on current events.
Not just the current affairs but also research a little on Delta, its financial situations and its people. The company also encourages the job applicants to arrive at the interview location at the earliest.
When on airlines the individual must satisfy few physical requirements such as
- The individual must be able to sit right in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and harness fastened.
- The individual must be able to open the emergency exits and close the aircraft doors which weigh up to 60 pounds.
- Individual must be able to push and pull the heavy beverage or food carts that might weigh around 32 pounds.
- Most importantly, the individual must be able to stand or longer periods, for instance, more than four hours.
Average Salary of Delta Employee
Now, let’s get to the most interesting part of the job, the salary. The average salary of an Atlanta flight attendant is around $52,217.
Delta receives many applications with the applicants possessing varying skillsets. To grab the best, Delta tries to follow the rule of looking for the applicants that represent core values such as honesty, respect, integrity, perseverance, and service, as said by Morgan Durrant, who is a Delta spokesperson.
For anyone who wants to stand out as eligible for the job should ensure to respond quickly, provide accurate information and make a good research o Delta Air Lines in terms of company history, stated Durrant. He also states that having a genuinely positive attitude and gracious smile will help the candidates go a long way.